Welcome to the Slow Food Caterers!
As you know, you have been sent here because you are in the process of becoming an employee of our great company. However, before this can happen there are a few things to do first. In short, you will have to give us your personal details so that we know where we have to send your earnings, paperwork and group certificates, etc. We believe West Australian Caterers is a great place to work and you will be challenged and inspired as you are working with a close knit group of people. Below are the steps you must complete to finalize your employment. The steps are quick, easy and simple to follow .
Step 1 - Review your Job Description
FIRSTLY - go to read the job description/contract applicable to you on:
jobdescriptions THEN, come back here and continue on with the steps below:
Step 2 - Food Safety Certification
Now that you have completed Step 1 and forwarded the information to me via email or fax, you MUST complete an online FOODSAFE WA course. This is a painless procedure all you have to do is watch an online video presentation and fill in a Form that will give you a certificate of completion. You will need to email me a copy of this certificate as evidence of completion.
So, when you are ready, click the link below and start. Note that there will be a quick 26 second introduction after which you will have to fill in your details in a Form. Only after that will you be able to start the training. OK....please start!
* For those of you who would like to do some additional work, please see the forms below! - Speak to you supervisor - this is purely optional and NOT required!!!
Step 3 - Fire Safety Certification
Now that you have completed Step 2 and forwarded the information to me via email or fax, you MUST complete an online Firesafe WA course. This is a painless procedure all you have to do is watch an online video presentation and fill in a Form that will give you a certificate of completion. You will need to email me a copy of this certificate as evidence of completion. So, when you are ready, click the link below and start. Note that there will be a quick 26 second introduction after which you will have to fill in your details in a Form. Only after that will you be able to start the training. OK....please start!
Step 4 - Complete your Employee Details Form and Submit
Now - click here and complete and submit the Form as requested. Then return here and continue
Step 5 - Print and sign 2 copies of your Employment Contract
1. Print out the Employment contract template below, complete it as indicated.
2.Then sign 2 copies of it and hand those o your supervisor/manager for signing on our companies behalf.
3. Retain one copy for your own records and either scan and email the other copy or fax it to our office as requested.
4. Give the original signed Form to your supervisor to keep in his or her file please. - THANK YOU!!!
Step 6 - Complete an Employee Declaration Form
This must be completed for tax purposes. This is not to gain an Australian Tax File Number (TFN), but to declare that you are working for WAC and that your taxes come from our business. if you need an TFN please fill in the TFN Application Form that suits your situation. If you are an Australian citizen, the TFN forms can only be distributed from an authorised Australia Post outlet.
1. Print out the Employee Declaration form below and complete as indicated.
2. Retain a copy for yourself. Return the original to WAC administration (email@example.com) so that the forms can be sent to the Australian Taxation office (ATO).
Step 7 - Go now and learn how to fill in a Time-Sheet if you like
You will find it further below:
but for now ... you're done! I will let your supervisor know that you have completed the forms and training (i.e. Staff Details Form, Online Foodsafety Certification and Fire Safety Certification, TFN Declaration Form) you are now part of the Big Ed's family, congratulations! I will also email you to confirm that I have received your information. If for some reason you do not receive that confirmation within 2 working days, please get in touch so we can investigate where the problem may have its origin. Thank you -
As mentioned below you will find 2 samples of Time Sheets that will have to be completed before we can process your pay. complete with your hours worked, and then forward according to the steps outlined below.
Ready to go? Then:
1. Download the Weekly Time Sheet below.
2. Then forward this Time Sheet to Dayle Spashett at firstname.lastname@example.org and your supervisor for revision (by email would be preferred)
3. Your supervisor MUST confirm the correctness of times before payments can be processed
4. Supervisor to either email confirmed Time Sheet to Dayle Spashett at email@example.com or verbally (phone call) confirm that processing can take place
5. Supervisor or employee to print out COMPLETED Time Sheet so that employee and supervisor can sign completed and confirmed copy
6. Supervisor to keep signed copy in filing cabinet as a documented record - IMPORTANT!